AABB Accredited DNA Results
AABB Accredited Relationship Testing Facility Guidelines
AABB is an international organization that accredits DNA testing laboratories. The U.S. Immigration Department requires all immigration DNA testing be completed by an AABB accredited laboratory.
AABB accreditation promotes the highest standard of care for all patients of DNA testing. AABB labs go through periodic assessments to ensure quality.
AABB laboratories follow guidelines which include the following:
- Lab director and personnel must meet stringent experience and educational requirements.
- Perform external and internal reviews periodically.
- AABB labs must submit to regular laboratory inspections.
- All testing methods must be approved by AABB.
- All lab personnel must complete at least 12 hours of continuing education each year.
- All lab equipment must be calibrated for accuracy.
Choosing an AABB laboratory will ensure the highest level of quality which is approved by the U.S. government.